Posted July 27
Sunland Village's Fitness Center will remain CLOSED per AZ Executive Order.
July 23rd's Executive Order extends provisions of Executive Order 2020-43 pausing operations on gyms/fitness centers, etc. The order also prohibits large events (over 50) even if appropriate physical distancing is possible. The pause of these operations will be reviewed for repeal or revision every two weeks. The complete executive order can be viewed on the Governor's website: www.azgovernor.gov
According to the Governor’s Executive Order, EO 2020-43 "Pausing of Arizona’s Reopening" and effective June 29, the following modification to the facility closures will be as follows:
The Fitness Center will be closed until at least July 27th.
Pools: Everyone must follow the posted rules. All people must maintain physical distance and practice good health habits. Groups larger than 10 should not congregate.
All other facilities must follow the posted rules and room limits.
The following precautions should be followed by people utilizing all recreational facilities:
- Stay home if sick.
- If you are at a higher risk for severe illness, you should avoid visiting the recreational facilities. People at higher risk for severe illness include adults 65 or older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other patrons.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- After leaving the facility, use hand sanitizer. When you get home, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Access may become more restrictive or less restrictive in the coming weeks. Everyone must practice good health habits and maintain social distancing. Most important of all, stay at home when you are sick. Anyone that unnecessarily jeopardizes the health of others may be subject to having their privileges revoked by the Board of Directors as per the Code of Conduct policy.
Until further notice, NO guests will be allowed. Sunland Village residents only for all facilities.
At-risk people should consult with their doctor before using the recreational facilities. Caution signs will serve as a reminder that this effort should be considered at your own risk. A level of risk will likely be with us for some time and nothing anyone does will provide 100% safety. These are extraordinary circumstances so everyone needs to reevaluate how we view our surroundings. We should all mitigate our risk and maintain social distancing and practice good health habits.
Until further notice, the Association office will remain closed to walk-in traffic. Residents should make an appointment before coming to the office. The majority of the Association business can be conducted online at www.sunlandvillage.org or over the phone at 480-832-9003. Notary, Fax and Photocopy Services are suspended.
The web site has been upgraded to better serve you. We have fillable and downloadable PDF forms that can be sent to the office by email, fax, or placed in the dropbox in front of the office. www.sunlandvillage.org
Please be assured that the Association is fully prepared to meet the needs of the business and has taken actions to ensure continued service to our residents. We are prepared to serve you while protecting everyone’s health.
The board of directors and management remains vigilant and is monitoring the situation and responding as rapidly as conditions evolve.
We ask for your patience during these trying times. Please exhibit an extra level of care for your family, friends, and neighbors. Please be safe and stay healthy.
Darwin Albrecht CMCA ® AMS ®
At its May 12 meeting, the Sunland Village Board authorized the reopening of several SVCA facilities, including the pools and fitness center, subject to certain restrictions that were deemed necessary to safely allow some facilities to be opened. Use of the reopened facilities was limited to Sunland Village Residents ONLY. Billboard signs were placed at the entrances to certain facilities stating:
Residents only, No Guests, No Children.
The Board and your fellow residents appreciate your cooperation in complying with the restrictions. Unfortunately, some residents have ignored the restrictions put in place to allow facility reopening. The Resolution adopted by the Board clearly stated that residents who failed to comply with the rules would have their fobs deactivated. To date, letters and phone calls have been made to residents violating the rules to remind them that guests are not allowed. Office staff have been verbally berated. Two weeks should be sufficient time for residents to understand the rules.
Therefore, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, there will be NO reminder letters and phone calls and violators will have their fobs deactivated when the violation occurs. We hope this action will be sufficient so that facilities can remain open.
Thank you again for your cooperation.
Bonnie Sims, SVCA Board President
Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order EO 2020-36, Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger" Effective May 16th the following modification to the facility closures will be as follows:
- Pools: Everyone must follow the posted rules. All people must maintain social distance and practice good health habits.
- Fitness Center: UPDATE: CLOSED until July 27! Everyone must follow the posted rules. Cardio equipment will have every other machine turned off to maintain social distancing. All people must maintain social distance and practice good health habits.
- Sport Courts: All people must maintain social distance and practice good health habits. Everyone must follow the posted rules specific to each sports court area. Tennis; Pickleball; Horseshoes; Bocce
- Auditorium: Open only to the walking group and resident led exercise classes. Must maintain social distancing. Masks are appreciated.
- Woodshop: Limited to 4 people
- Ceramics: Limited to 8 people
- Lapidary: Limited to 4 people
- Billiards: Limited to 4 tables
- Library: Limited to 5 people
All events including all cards, games, and bingo: Will remain canceled.
No guests will be allowed. Sunland Village residents only for all facilities.
Please be good stewards of soap, paper towels, and sanitizer. Use as needed. Supplies are very limited. If supplies are exhausted we may be forced to close the facilities.
Learn more about becoming a Sunland Foundation Member!